Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

Tried and True Beauty Products

It's true that I like to try new things, but there are some beauty products that I will never stray from.  I have been using all of these products for years.  So here is a quick review of my favorite beauty product staples.
  • Maybelline's Waterproof Ultra Liner in Dark Brown
    • Because of the way my eyes are shaped, I can't wear pencil eye liner on the upper lids of my eyes.  I get raccoon circles around my eyes if I do.  So, I have to wear something that will not rub off.  The solution is this waterproof eye liner.  It is a liquid liner, so it does require some practice and skill to apply.  The results are worth it, though.  This liner is indeed waterproof and has all-day lasting power.  I had some problems with it at first because it would flake off in the middle of the day if I rubbed my eyes.  However, if you use a primer before putting on your eye makeup, it solves the problem.
    • You can find this at Target, Wal-mart, or any drugstore.
  • Sebastian Shaper Plus Hairspray
    • This is something that I have carried down from my mom.  She always uses the Sebastian Shaper hairspray, and I used to go to her bathroom and steal hers to use it.  I have tried many hairsprays, and this one just seems to have the best hold without making your hair crunchy.  It does have an "awful smell" when you spray it (according to my husband), and it will cause breakouts on your face if you accidentally spray your face, but the pros outweigh the cons for me on this one.
    • You can find this at many salons and sometimes in drugstores.  I get mine from BeautyMax in G'town.
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Bronzer in Sunkissed
    • This is hands-down the best bronzer out there in my opinion!  Most bronzers have shimmer in them, but I don't want my face to look like a glittery mess!  I am one of those people that uses bronzer on my whole face, and I want the "sunkissed" look to be natural.  I can't say for sure how long I have been using this product, but I know it's been at least over 5 years and probably longer.  It has never caused me to break out, and I have VERY sensitive skin. 
    • You can find this at Target, Wal-mart, or any drugstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment