Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Self Tanner Reviews: Part 2 Post #2 & #3

As promised, here are the 2 remaining reviews:

Jergens Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer in Medium/Tan is a gradual self-tanner. It also runs for around $9/bottle.

Pros:
  • Pleasant Smell
    • Jergens has really improved the smell of this lotion since the original lotion came out several years ago.  My husband even told me that I "smelled good" after I put it on, which is unheard of!
  • No Streaking
    • Although there is no color guide, since this is such a gradual self-tanner, you really don't have to worry about streaking.
  • Affordable
Cons:
  • The color did not gradually build on me
    • Maybe my skin is unique, but I get no building of color.  I have friends who have used this lotion and love it, but somehow it does not work for me.
  • Everyday applications do not appeal to me
Unfortunately, although I know this is a popular favorite, it was not what I am looking for.

 There is nothing good that I can say about L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer Self-Tanning Lotion, so I will cut to the chase. I only applied it once and knew it was NOT for me.  Even with a meticulous application, ensuring that no part of me would streak - the inevitable happened and I had streaks all over.  I realized that it was mainly in areas where my skin folded (the backs of my legs and inside the bend of my arms).  I had read reviews before buying it that this very issue had happened to others, but I thought maybe they were new to applying self-tanner and didn't wait for it to dry, etc. Obviously, that was not the case and this is a real problem with this tanner. Also, the smell was the worst of any self-tanner that I have tried recently.  The color it gave was very orangey. And on top of all this, it was super glittery.  I felt like a disco ball!  Not a good look. 

I have 2 more self-tanners to review, with one of them being my favorite of all, and the one I plan on sticking with. Check back tomorrow for Part 3 of my self-tanner reviews!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment