Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Delta Fair!

Saturday Brian and I made our annual trip to the fair, and oh was I excited!  I love everything about the fair: the disgustingly greasy food, the scary fair people, the possibility that you will die from a ride malfunction!  It's just an all around great atmosphere.  

The first thing that I went for was the consistently delicious Cajun Chicken-on-a-Stick!  After that, I was ready for some rides. The first ride we decided to go on was the Avalanche, which was a mini roller-coaster ride.  While standing in line for the ride, about 1/3 of the fair's power went out.  People were stuck on rides that shut down because of the power outage! Very comforting, I know!

Us Waiting in Line for the Avalanche!
The Avalanche
Power Went Out!



Then we decided to go on what my husband calls the "kiddy swing ride".  It was a lot of fun, but also a little scary because you can never be completely safe on a fair ride! As Brian puts it: "At theme parks they spend MILLIONS researching and testing their rides. These people put these rides up in a DAY!"


We then headed over to get some kind of deep-fried dessert!  Neither of us had tried the Deep Fried Oreos, so we decided to give them a try.  Needless to say, they are delicious!  It's like a funnel cake with chocolate inside!


We HAD to get in line for the "Crazy Mouse" next.  If you've never ridden this ride, let me tell you- it doesn't look like much, but it is pretty intense for a fair ride!  You feel like you're going to run right off the track.


After the Crazy Mouse, I told Brian that I just had to ride one more ride.  It is one of my favorites called the "Gravitron".  It's a ride that spins around so fast that you get sucked up against the wall off of the ground.  So, we were standing in line for a while and got up to the front of the line when we hear "The ride is shut down!" Nooooo!!  Why?  Come to find out, someone had THROWN UP inside the ride!  I am so glad we were not in there for that! 

So that was the exciting end to our day at the fair!  The only complaints I have are:
  1. The really scary, mean clown in the dunk tank was not there this year.
  2. There were no people guessing weights or birthdays!
  3. No one yelled at us to come play their game. This is an essential part of the fair experience!
Other than that, it was another great trip to the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment